Spring is the perfect time to give your home a fresh start. If you have the spring-cleaning itch to deep clean every corner of your house, SWOPT Cleaning can help. Dusting out cobwebs and scrubbing away winter grime can get overwhelming pretty fast though – that's why we've put together five spring cleaning tips to help you get started.
- Make a plan: Start by creating a list of all the rooms and areas in and around your home that you want to spiff up. This will help you stay on track and prioritize what needs to be decluttered, cleaned, and organized. You can then make a schedule of how you want to tackle each project.
- Declutter: Over the long winter months, it’s easy to forget about the items you may have accumulated. Spring is a great time to “start fresh” and get rid of the things you no longer need. Spend some time going through your belongings and then separate them into a categories to keep, donate or sell, or throw away. Less stuff means less things to clean!
- Use the right tools: Having the right cleaning tools makes all the difference in how effective your cleaning is and how quickly it goes. SWOPT Cleaning has a variety of products that can help make your spring cleaning easier. For example, our multi-surface push broom is perfect for clearing away dead leaves and debris on your deck or patio and our microfiber dust mop can get all those stubborn dust bunnies underneath the sofa. Thanks to our SNAPLOCK™ technology, all of our products have that ability to be interchanged with different handles and heads, making it easy to switch between cleaning tasks!
- Clean from top to bottom: When cleaning, it's important to start from the top and work your way down. This ensures that any dirt or dust that falls from higher surfaces doesn't end up on something you've already cleaned. Start by dusting ceiling fans (our flexible microfiber duster is great for this), then move on to the walls, windows, and finally, the floors.
- Don't forget about the small things: Spring is the time to get into all those nooks and crannies that might be overlooked the rest of the year. For example, when was the last time you cleaned your microwave and swept out the pantry? (Our angle brooms are great at getting into corners and picking up leftover spills of rice and cereal.) Don’t forget to dust light fixtures and blinds, wipe down baseboards, clean faucets, and scrub the garage and patio floors.
Cleaning the whole house can be a dreaded chore, but you don’t have to suffer through it. Turn on some music, grab your SWOPT Cleaning products, and give your home the spring refresh it deserves.